DIY scrubs and masks are a staple in almost any Indian household. Recipes that hold great promise have been passed down from generation to generation, forming a tradition in many families. Among the umpteen benefits that come with the use of DIY masks and scrubs, that are created using 100% natural and organic ingredients; is sustainability. Homemade masks and scrubs are miles ahead when compared to store bought products in this regard. From the lack of hazardous packaging, to the organic nature of the ingredients being used, there is no competition on this front. However, considering the multitude of DIY mask and scrub recipes that we come across every day, how can you separate the effective from the ineffective? And how can you enhance the effects of recipes you already use in your hair care and skin care routine?
Continue reading to learn more!
DIY masks and scrubs by Satliva
“There is always room for improvement,” keeping this idea in mind, we decided to give DIY masks and scrubs a little modification with our own products, to enhance their benefits!
To make good face masks better, we add the Hemp with Moringa Face & Body Oil, or the Hemp with Jojoba Oil into the blend. It adds essential nutrients and salubrious qualities to any face mask recipe in your DIY skin care routine.
Here’s one such recipe -
Aloe Vera, Turmeric, and Hemp with Moringa Face & Body Oil: This Face Mask recipe is extremely quick and easy to execute.
- Add one tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add one teaspoon of turmeric.
- Add one tablespoon of Hemp with Moringa Face & Body Oil.
- Blend them well and apply the mix onto your face for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with a gentle, fragrance and chemical free soap bar, like the Hemp with Moringa Body Soap Bar to ensure the nourishment from the mask stays locked in and continues to benefit you throughout the day.
This mask helps soothe inflamed, irritated, and dry skin while adding an abundance of nutrition and synchronously healing any damaged skin.
Hair care is equally as important as skin care, to address this we’ve come up with a great blend to help you give your hair the best possible care -
Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Argan Peppermint Hair Cream: is a hair mask blend that will never go out of style. To make it is suspiciously simple, but trust us when we say, you will delight in this decision.
- Add a small scoop of Argan Peppermint Hair Cream.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the well blended mix to your hair and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with the gentle and nourishing Hemp with Argan and Activated Charcoal Shampoo Bar.
This hair mask controls dandruff, reduces hair loss, stimulates hair growth, and moisturises the scalp.
Body and lip scrubs are a great way to clean out your pores and get rid of excess dry and dead skin, so we’re sharing with you one of our go-to recipes for DIY scrubs.
Coffee Powder, Sugar, Oats, and Hemp with Jojoba Oil:
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder.
- 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 teaspoon oats.
- 1 tablespoon of Hemp with Jojoba Oil.
- Apply the gritty mix onto your skin, and wash it off with the Hemp with Shea butter Body Soap Bar for soft skin, and clear pores.
This list contains some of our favourite scrubs and masks, but you can improve the effects of any DIY masks and scrubs that you use just by adding the oil or cream with the desired benefits from our vast collection. So give your hair and skin the best with Satliva!