How to oil your hair for best results - 5 Common Mistakes to Avoid
Your mom was right when she made you sit down and oiled your hair, oil champi as she would call it. Oiling has great importance for your hair and scalp health, and not just as a stress buster. When oiled regularly, your tresses retain their gloss, bounce and soft texture long after. Oiling nourishes and protects the scalp, given you use the right hair care products.
However, you may be making a few mistakes in the process of oiling, which may be counterproductive to all the effort. Do not worry. Check out these tips to be a total pro in hair care:
5 Things you should not do while Oiling Hair
1. Avoid washing off oil too soon – Let your hair feed on the nourishment of an oil massage – don’t just shower right away. Let the oil remain for at least an hour.
2. Combing or tying too tightly after oiling – Combing or tying hair into a tight pony or braid just after oiling hair will weaken the roots and damage hair. After a pampering dose of oil massage, hair tends to be relaxed and rigorous combing will cause knotting. If you have to comb, do so after a while and from root up to the tip of the hair.
3. Using another product right after
4. Applying oil on wet hair – One of the most common mistake is to massage oil into wet hair. Wet hair tends to be prone to breakage and even gentle pulling and tugging can cause hair fall. Use only natural oils made with nourishing ingredient like Hemp with Argan Hair Oil and investing in the future of your hair wisely!
5. Using wrong oil – You are probably not going to get the best results if you do not use the right blend of oils. Read the ingredients of your hair oil carefully. Do not use oils that provide no nourishment to your hair or have been through chemical processing. Oils that have been
How to Oil Hair for Optimum Results?
Now that you know the don’ts of applying oil, you need to know the dos to maintain healthy hair and scalp. The right product with the right technique always gives the best results.
Oiling is a time tested and proven method, and part of family rituals. Oiling relieves stress from the cranium and prevents fungal attacks, strengthening hair roots. However, because the scalp produces oil naturally, applying oil is a technique that involves the right quantity and product.
Follow these instructions for optimum results:
- Use lukewarm oil to cover the area of your scalp smoothly.
- You should oil hair once every week.
- Just apply a little oil by dipping your fingers a little into the container, and apply on to the scalp.
- Continue massaging your scalp for about 20 minutes. Keep rubbing your scalp in gentle circles, with your fingers. Avoid rubbing into your hair.
- Wrap a hot towel around your hair for around ten minutes to aid in proper absorption oil into your scalp.
Apply shampoo the next day. You should always use organic, gentle, non
Selecting the right oil for the hair type is a very important part of this process. So here are some suggestions for different hair and skin types:
Different Oils for Different Hair Types
Dandruff prone hair - Essential oils like Peppermint and Tea tree essential oil are very effective for dandruff control thus helping you avoid those mocking stares at the party! Peppermint oil is an astringent cleaner, clearing the pores and allowing your scalp to breathe. Tea tree oil effectively moisturizes the hair so that the scalp is no longer dry and itchy resulting in healthy and shiny hair. Try our Hemp with Avocado hair oil that is infused with these essential oils and meant especially for preventing hair breakage and dandruff.
Dry/ Damaged Hair - Avocado hair oil has been known to stimulate new growth and healthier hair in general. It also helps moisturize, nourish and strengthen hair strands, improving the way they look and protecting them from damage. It is very effective for dry hair which splits easily at the ends, and tangles up, making you wrestle with combing your hair. This oil will activate the sebaceous glands to release oil on to the scalp, controls frizz and accelerates hair growth. Try Hemp with Avocado hair oil today!
Satliva’s hemp based shampoo bars, creams, and hair oils are infused with essential proteins, vitamins and amino acids that nourish hair, prevent breakage and strengthen the roots.