What exactly do you mean by sensitive skin? “Sensitive skin” isn’t really a clinical term; it’s more of an expression for the skin that is easy to irritate. It means that the skin has a tendency to react more than average and can easily be irritated by environmental factors like sun, wind, cold or by topical products like lotions and fragrances. Sensitive skin feels different to different people.
The irritation usually manifests itself in the form of symptoms like redness, stinging, burning itching and general discomfort, after your skin comes in contact with the particular ingredient or environmental trigger.
Got sensitive skin? Hemp can be your BFF. It is
- does not clog the pores,
- calms redness in the skin,
- and even protects the skin from the UV rays.
Hemp seed oil is known as the most balanced seed oil. This olive-green oil is made from cold-pressing hemp seeds and has no psychoactive properties. Hemp seed oil is widely incorporated in many skincare products these days.
- It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and contains all the 21 amino acids.
- It offers numerous benefits like moisturizing, nourishing, uplifting, clearing the skin and leaving the skin soft and supple. Its anti-oxidant properties protect the skin.
- It also offers anti-inflammatory properties, thereby clearing blemishes and dark spots from the skin.
Essentials for Sensitive Skin
Firstly, if you suspect your skin may be sensitive, use products that are fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. Non-comedogenic products do not clog the pores and are suitable for all skin types. Secondly, prefer gentle formulas that would be safe for sensitive skin, to reduce the chances of introducing any harsh irritants.
Why Hemp for Sensitive Skin?
Cannabinoids (CBD, the active chemical compound in Hemp) is a potent antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory properties, it also reduces lipid product from the sebaceous glands, which prevents acne. CBD has great potential in soothing irritation and reducing redness or inflammation, as well as to combat acne.
Daily Skincare regime
Individuals with sensitive skin need to be more careful when choosing skin-care products. Sensitive skin can be irritated quite easily with the wrong product, chemical-based formulas, change in weather, etc. We have certain recommendations for the cleansing, toning and moisturizing regime and the products to be used by those who have sensitive skin.
- Cleansing –
Everyday our skin is exposed to environmental aggressors with dirt, pollution, makeup and other impurities that form a layer on the skin’s surface. If not cleansed, these impurities can clog the pores, leading to breakouts.
Wash your skin twice a day, morning and night with a cleanser or soap bar. There are two options available by Satliva, which have Hemp seed oil combined with other essential oils to make it skin friendly.
Hemp with Moringa Body Soap Bar is made with Hemp seed Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, and Tea Tree Essential Oil along with lots of love. This combination offers soothing, hydrating, antibacterial qualities, that controls acne and support sensitive skin. The fresh, invigorating smell of Tea Tree oil gives the fragrance that no one can dislike.
Second, Hemp with Shea Butter Body Soap Bar has Shea Butter along with other ingredients to help tone the skin, remove dryness and clears clogged pores. It provides freshness and makes you feel rejuvenated. It delivers a sweet scent that is complemented by the refreshing Rosemary essential oil.
- Toning - To be used in morning and night after cleansing. You may use any alcohol-free natural toner comprising of essential oils.
- Moisturizing - The next step to be followed in the regime is applying face cream in the morning and body oil at night. Mango Lavender Face Cream is a unique blend of Indian Hemp seed Oil, Beeswax, Carrot Seed Oil, Moringa, Mango Butter, Lavender Oil, and Tea Tree Oil. The combination is loaded with antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, that are required for healthy and naturally glowing skin. The carrot seed oil has the antioxidants and abundant Vitamin-A that protect and treat the sun-damaged skin. This moisturizes and nourishes the skin deeply, clear blemishes, reduce wrinkles and offer relief to itchy skin.
For night time use Hemp with Moringa Body Oil made up of Hemp seed Oil, Castor Oil, Moringa Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, and Tea Tree Essential Oil. This body oil treats dry skin and acne, reduces wrinkles, blackhead and dark-spots. Astringent makes skin stronger and supple. To get the most out of the oil, apply before bedtime, as this ensures maximum absorption and better results.
Sensitive skin needs natural and organic products, which are free from aqua, parabens, sulfates, and phosphates. Satliva uses 100% natural and freshly extracted Hemp seed oil, sourced ethically from the Himalayan range. The sensitive category products of Satliva are designed with a lot of science and research behind it, but it is best to do a patch test before applying.