Rainy season is here! Monsoons might be favorite season of many, but it’s certainly not the best season for your skin. With high humidity, dampness, varying temperatures, exposure to contaminated water and microbes, there are high chances of skin infections and inflammations. Sweat and oil deposits make the skin dull and cause breakouts.
Monsoon has different effects on the skin depending on the skin type. If you are blessed with normal skin, you don’t have to do much except keep your skin clean by using a good face wash and applying a moisturizer with SPF.
For the rest of us, we can help get a naturally toned and cleansed skin during monsoon with these easy and quick tips.
Monsoon skincare tips for oily skin
Due to high humidity in monsoons, oily skin is likely to suffer from acne and seborrheic dermatitis. The high humidity clogs the pores that increase the sebum production in turn. This excess oil attracts more dirt and dust, calling for bacterial infection, acne and breakouts. Here’s what you need to do.
- Use a gentle oil-free cleanser - To get rid of the excess oil as well as the dirt and dust from your face and prevent acne.
- Use a non-comedogenic body cream - Go for body moisturizer or body butter which do not clog pores and provide UV protection. Using a sunscreen is essential even in the monsoons because even though there isn’t any sun, the UV rays are still present and can damage your skin.
Monsoon skincare tips for dry skin
Dry skin need external hydration to prevent them from being itchy and irritating. In the monsoons, dry skin shows symptoms of eczema, but if you take little extra care, all can be managed. You need to
- Drink more fluids - Water intake will keep the skin hydrated from within and prevent it from drying out. Also wash your face regularly so that dirt doesn’t get a chance to settle.
- Moisturize frequently - Your skin needs to be moisturized regularly to keep the outer layer of the skin hydrated while feeling soft and supple.
Hemp with Neroli Body Butter is a one stop solution for most of the problems caused in rainy season. It is perfect for sensitive, sun-damaged, dry or stressed skin. It is also non-comedogenic and non-allergenic.
The ingredients of Neroli Body Butter are Hemp seed Oil, Moringa Oil, Jojoba Oil, Bees wax Oil, Shea Butter, Neroli Essential Oil. This is a multi-layered blend of these nutrient-rich oils in the form of a deluxe cream. This makes a body moisturizer perfect for dry to normal skin or in rainy or cold climates. Let us check why these ingredients give such wonderful results.
- Hemp Seed Oil - It is perfect for most skin types as it can nourish and moisturize without clogging the pores and calm the skin inflammation. Hemp oil can prevent occurrence of dryness and acne, as it regulates the oil production.
Hemp Seed Oil contains omega-6 fatty acids, which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory oil which encourage skin growth and new cell generation. While treating inflammation, it also treats other skin issues that may get aggravated in rainy season.
Written by Namrata Kothari, Upward Media.
- Moringa Oil – This oil has incredible benefits to skin such as moisturizing, reducing oxidative stress, eliminating inflammation and exfoliating the skin. It also detoxifies the body, slow the aging process, speed up the healing.
- Jojoba Oil - Jojoba contains nutrients like vitamin B and E, plus minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which nourish and protect the skin from environmental damages. Jojoba is an anti-aging oil that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Bees wax Oil - Beeswax oil has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that are essential in fighting damaged, chapped skin and bacterial infections that affects so many people in the monsoons. It works by making a protective wall and sealing the moisture inside the skin, but without clogging up the pores. Bees wax is also rich in vitamin A making it effective in reducing wrinkles and age spots by hydrating and reconstructing damaged skin cells.
- Shea Butter - Shea butter is a skin superfood that is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It is a natural sunscreen that offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6). It also provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production. Even in monsoon, UV rays are very prominent, and you should wear sunscreen before steeping out.
- Neroli Essential Oil – It gives a citrus and floral fragrance for the mystical aroma. It also acts as a natural fixative to maintain the original composition of the oils without losing its true fragrance.
Why is it so effective?
The Hemp with Neroli Body Butter is freshly prepared on order. It is brimming with fine quality cold-pressed oils with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. It is suitable for all skin types as it maintains the right oil balance in the skin.
Don’t let skin problems keep you indoors this monsoon! Enjoy!